You may be new to the smartphone spy arena and have questions about cell phone spy software. Here are a few of the more frequently asked questions for you to ponder and you will see for yourself how it works.
Note: You must have physical access to the target phone to install the cell phone spy software. Remote installation is not possible.
#1: What does cell phone spy software run on?
The software runs on all of the major smartphone operating systems: Android, iOS (iPhone/iPad), BlackBerry, Symbian, and Windows Mobile.
If you are in any doubt as to if it runs on the particular device that you want to monitor then you can always submit a question through their support link.
#2: Can it be detected?
The quick answer is no, it cannot be detected on the smartphone it is running on. The cell phone spy software is designed to run in 100% stealth mode. This means that after putting the app on the target smartphone that there are no traces remaining of the installation plus the app runs in background without putting a load on the device.
Thus, it is total spy software and does its job without the user interfering with its operation.
#3: How does it work?
The process of getting up and running with the cell phone monitoring software can be described in terms of installation and operation. Installation involves three steps:
- Purchasing a subscription to the software
- Downloading and installing the app
- Viewing the information collected from the target smartphone through your control panel
After installation of mobile phone spy software, you can hand over the target smartphone to its user. Operation is then a matter of viewing what is sent and analyzing it.
Take a look at http://www.mobile-spy.com/howitworks.html for more information about how it works.
#4: Can I restrict access to apps on the target smartphone?
One of the reasons why parents and employers like spy software so much is because they get a level of proactive control with the ability to restrict access to apps that are on the target device. For example, you may want to block certain game apps from your child’s smartphone because of their inappropriate and/or violent theme.
The cell phone monitoring software takes an inventory of all apps installed on the target smartphone, sends the listing to your subscriber control panel, and then allows you to select those you wish to block.
#5: What if the smartphone running the software gets lost or stolen?
The nice thing about the cell phone tracking software is that it gives you some options when it comes to recovering a lost or stolen smartphone. If you have ever had a smartphone lost or stolen, you know that sinking feeling that you get without any options for recovery.
With cell phone spyware, you have these actions you can take should the monitored smartphone get stolen or lost:
- Lock/unlock the device
- Wipe its contents clean to protect the information on it
- Get a SIM card change notification thus you get the new number of the person holding the device
- Remotely trigger an audible alarm from the monitored device
- Track the device’s current GPS location
#6: What other ways can I be proactive with cell phone spy?
You have already seen how you can be proactive with cell phone spy software by blocking apps from running on the target smartphone but there are others as well.
You can enable alerts when certain events happen. These events pertain to:
- Detecting profanity. When profanity is detected on the smartphone, you get notified.
- Someone intruding on the device. You get notified if someone tries to get through the smartphone’s lock screen.
- Custom alerts. Like profanity alerts, you can configure certain trigger words to send you a notification when they occur.
- Geofencing. Get notified when the person whom you are monitoring travels outside of geographical boundaries that you designate.
You can also block websites and designated phone numbers if you so desire. You can even restrict the times when the monitored smartphone can be used. Together, all of these features work together and give you a high level of proactive ability.
In summary, the cell phone spy gives you as a parent or employer an affordable option for keeping tabs on those you care about and are responsible for.
Last updated May 3, 2017.